2.04.2011

3 for 4 of this Owl Baby completed!

She's almost there!!!




I just finished the 3rd piece of the super puzzle!  Let me just tell you about the experience of trying to take these pictures.  I wanted to go outside to use as much natural light as possible.  The problem is, Indy has just had the biggest ice storm I've ever seen.  The kids have been off school for 4 days now and we are all going a little crazy!  I decided to skate outside and see what I could come up with.  I only fell once and had to chase down the quilt pieces 3 or 4 times.





For the back I am using fabric from Valori Wells' Del Hi line.  I don't know if my love for Valori Wells comes from sharing the same name (even though her spelling is much cooler) or from her amazing choice of colors/designs, but I really think she is a talent.  My aunt, who lives in Bend, Oregon, actually goes to her shop The Stitchin Post quite regularly in Sister, OR.  I can't wait to go back and visit her so the we can go there together.

3 comments:

  1. this is wonderful! My parents live near Sister's and my mom goes to the Stitchin Post all the time. You should visit your aunt during the Sister's Quilt Show (a weekend in July). It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post, Val. i had a similar slip-n-slide experience when I went out to fill up the bird feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just wanted to say thanks for entering my little giveaway, and i totally got your density comment - we're HUGE back to the future fans...so that made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you stopping by. Thanks for leaving a comment!